Increase Your Earnings During the Holidays
With the busiest time of year upon us, we’ve put together a few quick tips to help you maximize your trips and earnings during the holidays, and end this year with a bang!
When & Where To Get Trips
Christmas falls on a Tuesday this year, so we are expecting high demand for taxis beginning Thursday, December 20, until New Year’s day. Here is the breakdown:
BEFORE CHRISTMAS: Thursday, December 20 – Sunday, December 23
- During this time, there will be an influx of travelers going to and from the airport as well as train and bus stations. Check your ARRO Driver app to see which airports have the greatest demand for trips!
CHRISTMAS EVE: Monday, December 24
- This is a big day for last-minute shoppers, so it’s a good idea to target busy commercial areas, such as:
- Manhattan: Soho, Herald Square, 5th Ave. (between 34th St. and 59th St.)
- Brooklyn: Fulton Street Mall, Atlantic Terminal, Bedford Avenue (Williamsburg)
CHRISTMAS DAY: Tuesday, December 25
- Things will slow down with most businesses in the city closed for the day, and passengers staying home with family. Yet with the Subway running on a weekend schedule, including several lines out, there will be opportunities to pick up passengers going to the movies and/or visiting friends and family, mostly in the afternoon and evening. Again, check your ARRO Driver app for the best areas to target.
AFTER CHRISTMAS: Wednesday, December 26 – Sunday, December 30
- During this time, expect airport traffic to pick up again as New Yorkers return from holidays abroad, and tourists arrive to celebrate the New Year. Many people will also be heading back to work, so traffic will be somewhat back to normal in the city.
NEW YEAR’S EVE AND DAY: Monday, December 31 – Tuesday, January 1
- An estimated one million people will be at Times Square for the New Year’s countdown and ball drop, and clubs and bars around the city will be bustling with business. Get ready to pick up passengers all day and night: New Years’ Eve is one of the busiest times for rides in the entire year!
- Prepare Your Taxi for Harsh Weather like Snow or Rain… and always drive safely, no matter how late a passenger is to their flight!
- Keep your ARRO Driver App On and Ready to Go. Many passengers will be e-hailing to avoid waiting in the cold. If you don’t have it yet, download it here! Set-up is easy, and we’re always here to help if you have any questions!.
- Keep a Roll of Paper Towels and Cleaning Supplies in the Taxi. Since passengers might be transporting food to holiday parties, you want to be prepared for accidental spills!
- A Box of Tissues is Always Appreciated… especially in the city’s freezing December weather!
- …and Lastly, Remember to Wish Passengers a Happy Holiday! They will appreciate it!