Make the most of St. Patrick’s Day
St. Patrick’s Day is one of the city’s busiest festivals. Millions across the city will be celebrating all weekend long and will depend on taxis to get them to their destinations. To help you prepare, we’ve included some tips below for navigating the busy streets and anticipating demand to get more trips in the process.
New Yorkers will be celebrating throughout the week, but we expect Thursday through Sunday to be especially busy for spots near Saturday’s parade and Irish pubs throughout the city. Be sure to use the ARRO Driver Hotspots feature to reference real-time demand throughout the city this weekend.
Navigating the Parade
- The Parade will take place on 5th Avenue between 44th & 79th Streets
- The Parade is from 11am – 4:30pm, but the streets will be busy hours before and after because of crowds.
- Some streets will be blocked off, particularly those surrounding the parade in Midtown and the Upper East Side. Be on the lookout for redirection signs and be sure to communicate to passengers that certain pickup and dropoff locations may be altered.
- See the full list of closures here.
- For E-hail:
- Confirm every passenger’s name to make sure that you are picking up the right person.
- If you have trouble finding the passenger, use the “Call Out” button on the MDT to contact them directly.
Keep supplies (tissues and paper towels) in the car for passengers. They’ll appreciate it 🙂
- Remind passengers to take all their belongings and check the backseat to see if they left anything behind.
We are here to help! Contact email@example.com to get the answers you need.